“SEO isn’t rocket science (unless you’re trying to push the envelope), you just have to be aware of a few guidelines.
- Unique title tag
- Unique meta description (Yahoo is the only one using meta keywords anymore)
- One h1 tag (the text used in your h2-h4 tags is still very important, though)
- Allow only quality outbound links (eg. rel=’nofollow’ on all user-generated links)
- Block duplicate content from being indexed with robots.txt
- Structure your CSS so the content can go first
- Consistent navigation that allows bots to get to any page on your site within 2 or 3 clicks”